About this course
Digital Footprints are traces left by one’s activity in a digital environment. Most adults and children have them. So, this module is basically for creating and maintaining a positive digital footprint.
What you’ll learn
- Understand that being safe when they visit websites is similar to staying safe in real life.
- Learn to recognize websites that are alright for them to visit.
- Recognize if they should ask an adult they trust before they visit a particular website.
- Explore what information is appropriate to be put online.
- Focus on why a digital footprint matters and how to create an effective online presence.
- Explore include data after death, privacy online and managing your online data.
- Reflect on your own online presence and consider how you can make better informed choices as well as setting appropriate personal goals around your digital footprint.
- Explain the components of a digital footprint including the difference between an active and passive footprint.
- Discuss the evolution of digital footprints.